Assignment 04: Quant Self Service
Develop a mini service concept around your own personal data.
- Go through the process of and document creating persona, creating an empathy map, mapping your user journey (experience), sketching your service blueprint, and creating evidence of some of your service touchpoints.
- State clearly (if possible) the opportunities you’ve identified based on your research and exercises and follow them through to make a convincing and thoughtful collection of experiences in your service.
- make tangible some of your service touchpoints (for example paper prototypes, simple sketches, photographs/video). It is encouraged to prototype an aspect of your service or a video showcasing a scenario in which your service might operate to help make your idea more tangible.
- Motives: Can the usage of certain language itself influence one’s mind or ways of thinking?
- Expectation: Those who use more than one language have different occasions and tasks for each language.
- Challenge: Hard to manually document every moment I change my language usage.
- Currently using:
- IP Tracking Extension (considering to stop it due to having less connection with language usage)
- Reporter Application
- Experience: The two tools are not working very harmoniously, and has low accuracy
- The persona figure is solely based on myself.
- Bilingual in Korean and English
- Daily uses both languages
- English for work, class, research and projects
- Otherwise, mostly uses Korean but English rate is increasing
- Has hard time tracking things daily
- “Too tired. Don’t want to use the Reporter App”
- “I forgot to put my Reporter App to Asleep mode!”
- “Wait, this is Korean site but has Japanese IP address”
- Uncomfortable how simple process became complicated
- Fun to see unexpected aspects about my language usage
- Curious about some IP address locations
- Casually checks website’s IP location
- Ignore report notification because it’s class time
- Input my reports carelessly